Thursday, November 18, 2010

Black Tie Front Cardigan: McCalls 2128

I love a garment that can be worn multiple ways... like my new cardigan.

This is the first item for the Endless Combinations Challenge at PatternReview.com. I thought I'd start with a black cardigan that can be worn numerous ways and will go with everything. I'm planning a palette of black/white/tan and splashes of other colors.

Beginning with the basics: A cardi with a self-fabric tie.


Using McCalls 2128, View C jacket with modifications...(see review at bottom for modifications)


It can be worn open without the tie...


Or pulled up and knotted with the hem like this...


Or with the tie wrapped around...


Back View


Side-front view:


Inspiration....
I was inspired by several cardi's I've seen including: 1. this J Crew cashmere cardi with an attached tie. I thought about attaching the tie, but decided it'd be more versatile to leave it loose.


...and other inspirations...


9 comments:

  1. Fabulous cardigan - it's a great wardrobe basic that, as you say, can be worn so many ways and complements any outfit. Good luck with the Endless Combinations challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cardi! And since you dwell in warm climates, a little cardi is perfect for cool nights and air-conditioned restaurants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi thankyou for the lovely comment you made on my blog I really appreciate it. I have had a look through your blog and you have made so many lovely things your cardi being one of them . I bet your wear it to death !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love this cardigan. I'm currently trying to update my wardrobe with the basics and this would be so perfect. I love your modifications. I'm new to your blog but I'm looking forward to following along with you. You've got a great eye for fashion. BTW, thanks for visiting my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice cardi! I love the fabric & color! I would love to own this too! I agree with Victoria, you have a great eye for fashion! Can't wait to see your next project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a terrific cardigan! I love all of the different looks. Looking forward to seeing more of your designs. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita: Thank you for your comment - now I have a whole new sewing blog to check out! And you look beautiful in this cardi. Very well constructed and it fits you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever start to the endless combinations challenge. Your cardigan looks smart in every wearing variation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...