Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oops...The Cozy that bit the dust: Simplicity 2603 cut out wrong


I started this last evening. I was having a heck of a time fitting the upper neck and shoulder seams, matching dots, etc. But nothing lined up. I couldn't figure out what "they" had done wrong in the drafting. I went back to the pattern review gallery to see if anyone else was having the problem I was.

Finally I figured it out: I had cut out the WRONG back piece. The pattern includes 2 different back pieces: one for the cardi-wrap and another one for the sleeveless shell. You can see (below) how radically different they are, and clearly explains why nothing lined up. But I forced it, stretching everywhichway. Result: ugly lumpy shoulder and neck edge. I was going to rip it out and re-do it, but wasn't inspired. I set the whole mess aside, went out today and bought new fabric and started over. It's almost done ... just need to hem the sleeves... (that's what I get for staying up too late to sew).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...