Saturday, October 16, 2010

String Halter Top: Simplicity 9129 OOP


Quick little halter top, so easy to make...

I used Simplicity 9129 OOP View B (a longer version of it). (That's what I like about sewing for myself. When I come across tops like this in RTW, they're often so short, like this pattern is supposed to be. But voila, just cut it longer and I have a top I would really wear.

I eliminated the fancy lacing at the back and simplified it. And for the string tie, I don't know what the pattern said to do, I just used a piece of cording I found in my stash. (shoelaces work too).

One problem area I still haven't figured out how to resolve in sewing of rib knits. My serger is acting up, so I narrow hemmed the upper edge of the back by folding under twice and stitching, but the stitching caused the edge to stretch. (you can't see it because the rib stretches far enough to have it not show, but it is indeed stretched. If anyone has any idea on how to prevent this kind of stretching, I'd appreciate any advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...