Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hemming and Hawing: Patterns

Design mode today ... no actual construction, but I hemmed and hawed about patterns.

I updated my pattern stash catalog here:
Butterick
McCalls
Simplicity

Plus I just bought 2 new Vogue patterns which I haven't catalogued yet.

I'm trying to find the right pattern to match with the right fabric. I'm stymied what with having too small of fabric pieces as I try to cut apart old garments and reuse the fabric ... (I may have to bite the bullet and actually go to the fabric store) ... But wait, my idea is that with small pieces, I might be able to fit styles like this dress but cut short to be a top instead ... that's the idea anyway, but when I try to make it work, I don't seem to have enough fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...