Saturday, December 25, 2010

Apres Christmas Sewing... a lovely coat

Now that the holidays are wrapped up, I'm read to make this coat (View C) for 'Umpkins, my brother's chihuahua. The poor lil guy is shivering in the Wisconsin tundra.  Below are completed coats from reviewers on patternreview.com. Aren't they cute!... The sizing ranges from XS (11 inches) to Large (26 inches) (The 11 inches is the lengthwise measurement of the coat from the back neck to the the back above the tail). The reviewer who made the pink coat below says this is the XS on an 11 pound Westie... so I hope it'll fit 'Umpkins.

(Jack.... How does Umpkins compare to this Westie??? Do you think this XS will fit him ... Can you please measure his back from neck to beginning of his tail and let me know how an 11 inch coat will fit. I can easily make it smaller.) 
 I like how it looks on this large dog too. This reviewer said she enlarged the LARGE a bit to fit this dog. I think Daisy (80 pounds) will be getting a new coat too....




6 comments:

  1. Very cute jacket :) I really like View C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cute pattern, and like Ann, I really like the one with pockets! Very handy...

    Merry Christmas to you and your family, wishing you a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Season Greetings Anita and Thanks for visiting my site. Looking forward to visiting yours as well. I just purchased that pattern for my lil dog and hope to start working on it soon. Look forward to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so cute! What kind of dog is Daisy? She looks like she must love the water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holidays, Anita. Loved seeing Daisy in her party dress and I bet your brother's pup will love being warmer this winter.
    http://www.milldirecttextiles.com/fullroll3.asp?id=102129589820822322882768
    That's the link to Mill Direct Textiles, the mail order company that handles the former Malden Mills fabrics. They are real experts in matching fabrics to particular uses so I bet they could give you great advice on what to use for your BF stretch suit idea. You're such an adventurous sewer, I'm always impressed that nothing is too much to tackle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...